Coaching is at the center of who I am… a teacher, a professional development provider, a literacy specialist, personal development coach and motivational speaker.
Owner and lead agent of Clavis Coaching and Consulting Group, LLC., I have over thirty years of experience in “unlocking potential” in children and adults, which include fifteen years as a classroom teacher, one year as a Curriculum Resource Teacher, two years as a Student Intern Supervisor for the University of South Carolina, eleven years as a state level Literacy Coaching Specialist, four years as an adjunct instructor for the University of South Carolina and a Professional Development Provider for schools and organizations in various states as well as a sought after Diversity Advocate.
I am fortunate to have turned my God-given passion for connecting and communicating and gift for elevating others into Clavis Coaching and Consulting Group where the mantra is “unlocking potential one conversation at a time.” I bring my coaching skills to schools, mentorship programs, businesses, and individuals who see a need for re-envisioning their personal and professional lives, their businesses and organizations, or their personal relationships.
I hold the following coaching certifications:
- Certified instructor for the Decision Making for Results: Data-Driven Decision Making and Data Teams seminars
- Power of Teaching Research Foundations and Observation Protocols
- Cognitive Coaching ℠ Training
- Certified CAPP© Institute Personal Development Coach.
In addition to the various coaching certifications, I received:
- Bachelor of Science in Education, Francis Marion College,
- Master of Education, Cambridge College
- Education Specialist in Teaching, University of South Carolina, 2004
During my teaching career, I was awarded:
- Milken Family Foundation National Educator, 1998
- Richland School District Two Teacher of the Year, 1997-98
- Joseph Keel Elementary Teacher of the Year, 1997-98
- S.T.A.R. Teacher, 1998
- Lonnie B. Nelson Elementary Reading Teacher of the Year, 1993
Need coaching? Have questions?
Fill out the form below with your details to get the conversation going.